On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 4:55 PM, Paper Coder <paperga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't realize it wouldn't return the media player until it was ready to
> play.
>
> Now the methods in media player make much more sense.  I was wondering why
> there wasn't a way to create a new media player object with the new keyword,
> then set the resource id.

You can't set the resource id directly, but you can get a
filedescriptor for the resource. Something like:

MediaPlayer mp = new MediaPlayer();
AssetFileDescriptor afd =
getContext().getResources().openRawResource(R.raw.yourmp3resource);
mp.setDataSource(afd.getFileDescriptor(), afd.getStartOffset(),
afd.getLength());
mp.prepare();
mp.start();