On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 9:13 AM, Nmix <nepean...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ugh. I already use onCreateDialog() and onPrepareDialog() since that
> is how I deal with making the content dynamic.  I figured dismissing
> it (ok, I agree that's not quite a best practice), would be simplest,
> especially since in the context of the app it is very unlikely that
> the user would change config while it is showing.

Why do you say that? Opening or closing the keyboard counts as a
configuration change, so it's something that can happen at any time.

> I'll try dismissing in onDestroy().  I hadn't done that since I wasn't
> sure that it'd be called on a config change.

Unless you take measures to avoid it, a configuration change will
cause your activity to be destroyed and recreated with the new
configuration. It goes through the normal activity lifecycle when
doing this, so to the current activity is paused, stopped and
destroyed, and the new activity is created, started and resumed.