Avraham thanks for the reply.  I know i can do it by making my own app
that the send the mail by but that is really less than ideal in my
case.  Maybe it would be possible to write an sms gateway class or
something that is set to the default method instead of the normal
mobile one.  The i could redirect to the mobile one if i did not want
to process this sms.

Does anyone know the low level of the OS and if this is possible?  Has
someoen tried this before?  i find it strange that others have not
wanted to do similar.

Chris