hi,
i am a student, and  developp a application on android for my project
in school.I use android release 1.1 and the android emulator.I would
to use the socket  in my application.I have use the package
java.net.socket and java.io but i don't have a success.My code is
below.Please help me.I don't know how i can solve the problem.I have
explored  the package org.apache.http but i don't know how i can use
this package.Please help me
For the application, i want to send the data at android emulator for a
server web which is on another pc.Then the emulator android is a
client.
192.168.1.6 is the ip address for the server web
3000 is a port that server listen to retrieve the data which are
sended by the emulator android

public

class androidtracabilite extends Activity
{

private LocationManager locationManager;

private LocationProvider locationprovider;

private Miseajour miseajour;

private Socket socket;

public androidtracabilite()

{

miseajour = new Miseajour();

try

{

socket=new Socket("192.168.1.6",3000);

}catch(Exception e)

{

//sb.append("Exception levée");

}

}

@Override

public void onCreate(Bundle tracabilite)

{

super.onCreate(tracabilite);

setContentView(R.layout.main);

String location_context = Context.LOCATION_SERVICE;

locationManager =(LocationManager)getSystemService(location_context);

testProviders();

try{

envoiesocket();

}

catch(Exception e)

{

System.out.println("Non effectué");

}

}

public Location testProviders()

{

Location location=new Location("mobil");

TextView tv = (TextView)findViewById(R.id.myTextView);

StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder("Enabled Providers:");

List <String> providers= new ArrayList<String>(10);

providers =(ArrayList<String>)locationManager.getProviders(true);

for (String provider : providers)

{

locationManager.requestLocationUpdates(provider,0,0,miseajour);

location=locationManager.getLastKnownLocation(provider);

sb.append("\n\n").append(provider).append(" : ");

if (location != null)

{

double lat = location.getLatitude();

double lng = location.getLongitude();

sb.append(lat).append(" ; ").append(lng);

}

else {

sb.append("No location");

}

}

tv.setText(sb);

return(location);

}//fin de la fonction testprovider

public void envoiesocket() throws Exception

{

System.out.println("Entrer dans la fonction");

TextView tv = (TextView)findViewById(R.id.myTextView);

StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder("Envoie Socket");

BufferedReader plec = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader
(socket.getInputStream()));

PrintWriter pred = new PrintWriter(new BufferedWriter(new
OutputStreamWriter(socket.getOutputStream())),true);

pred.println("envoie de socket");

String read= plec.readLine();

plec.close();

pred.close();