Doing a broadcast is definitely better than making people sit around
watching all the time.  Still, it is better yet not to rely on either -- if
you are relying on this to keep your data in sync, you can pretty much be
guaranteed that one way or another in some situation you will get out of
sync. :}

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them.