Update:

OK, I can get my application to launch another application if I
explicitly type in the package and class names.  For example:

Intent i = new Intent();
i.setClassName("com.android.calculator2",
"com.android.calculator2.Calculator");
startActivity(i);

Now, how to do find out what the Activity Name is for each package?  I
only guessed "Calculator" in the example above after a couple tries.
I also tried:

appList.get(0).getClassName;

But, it returns null.

Brenton