Can anybody help? To be clear, I want to write a Android Java program
to monitor the sent-out SMS and input contacts (like SYNC caused).

Because SMS and Contacts are both stored in database, I want to know
if android.database.ContentObserver is good for this purpose. First I
wish to listen to ContentObserver::onChange(). Then I will query
database to see if SMS/Contacts were just added/updated. If this is
doable, really wish to get some sample code.

Kenny