Hi,

This will probably come in the version following the plugin released
with cupcake.

Note that even though you cannot use the "add" button to add your
custom classes to your layout, you can add them from the XML edit
view.
In most cases, custom views are properly rendered by the graphical
layout editor and you should also be able to edit their properties as
if it was a normal class.

ApiDemos has a layout with custom views called custom_view.xml which
demonstrate this. The custom view renders in the layout editor and its
custom attributes "text" and "textcolor" show up in the property tab
(they appear with their xml namespace prefix, which we should fix, but
it doesn't prevent from using the attribute).

Xav

--
Xavier Ducrohet
Android Engineer, Google.