Hello Developers,

i am currently doing my Bachelor Project concerning Android
Programming.

Therefore i need a possibility to SCAN/DISCOVER Hot-Spots or WLAN's
where i can connect to.

In many topics i have read, that the EMULATOR does NOT support WiFi
scan with WiFiManager. I also tried using ConnectivityManager or
BroadcastReceiver. But it doesn't ever work.

So my question ist the following - is it CORRECT that the emulator
does not support any kind of WLAN Scan/Discovery? I need as many
comments on this as possible - because only if its REALLY true, that
the emulator does not provide WIFI functioanlity, then i can ask for
buying a Dev Phone.

Please give some comments on that. And if so, WHY there is no WiFi
support within the emulator...?

Regards,
     Daniel