On 18 Mrz., 16:56, StefanK <skyntc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Often when you use AlarmManager, you have to also register to for
> TIME_ZONE_CHANGED event to account for cases when the phone moves to a
> different time zone. As it turns out it appears that those are sent
> every time the phone updates its time form the cell tower (several
> times a day) so if you register for TIME_ZONE_CHANGED you can use it
> to reschedule your tasks automatically on next event. It is not
> perfect but it works. (This is what we use in BeyondPod podcatcher)

I did this too
The problem is that it may never be called if a user doesn't use
automatic time updates.
Until cupcake is available i fixed it by storing the version string
as a preference and told my users to start the app once after updating
it.
In case the stored version doesn't match the current version i do re-
register.