Hi all, this is my first post so please excuse any noobiness.
I'll cut directly to the problem to save everyone's time:
I have made a tableLayout in order to display a grid (should simulate
a card game table, but that's not important to this post)
take a look at this code:

<TableRow android:id="@+id/TableRow01"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="2">
<LinearLayout android:id="@+id/LinearLayout01"
android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"
android:background="#ffff0033"></LinearLayout>
<LinearLayout android:id="@+id/LinearLayout02"
android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"
android:background="#aaaa0011"></LinearLayout>
<LinearLayout android:id="@+id/LinearLayout03"
android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"
android:background="#faf1bb53"></LinearLayout>
</TableRow>
</TableLayout>

For some annoying reason, no matter what I do, the first cell (i.e.
LinearLayout01) here is bigger than the others.
I can make up for that with uneven layout weights, but that doesnt
make any sense that i would have to do that...

if you want some more background, read on:
i have started programming android for real yesterday after doing the
tutorials and reading some stuff.
I'm trying to make a card game that has the player and 3 computer
opponents,i tried to make a grid like this:

XXXXX
A| B |C
YYYY
where the X's A and C are opponents, B is the pot and the Y's are the
player the problem i got was that A was always bigger than the rest
(wider) so i made the snippet above and uploaded it to this group in
hopes you can help me...
Thanks in advance,
E.