That very well could be a bug in the chunk encoding support of the http
rewriter within the emulator's proxy code.
I could not test it against a lot of cases.

Can you dump the output of "emulator -debug-proxy" when you try to connect
to www.google.com through your proxy ?
This will print out the exact messages exchanged.