Java is a very general term these days, to Sun it is a 'brand' , in
corporate speak. What the statement is trying to say is that Symbian
devices
accept J2ME which is a subset of the Java language and API's for
mobile devices. Android and J2ME do not really have much to do with
each other, excpet for language syntax. You'd have to rewrite an
application in J2ME to port it form Android, some of the core API's
are the same, however there is quite a big difference between the two
and J2ME supports far fewer capabilities. You'd need to be profficient
in both J2ME and Android to do such a re-write, there is no non-
trivial way to port between Android and J2ME even though they share
language syntax.