clarkbriancarl wrote:
> THanks for the reply. I use your book as a reference from time to
> time. I would recommend it to anyone reading this.

Thanks!

> Before I open an issue, I would like to hear from other developers to
> see if their experiences have been similar, and if not, do some code
> comparison to see what they are doing different. I just want to make
> sure this is an issue and not a mistake on my part.
>
> I am willing to post some code if it is needed.

I'm sure there are some folk who could eyeball some sample code and
point out possible problems but may not have source they are in position
to upload. That's one of the many advantages of having sample projects
that reproduce possible bugs.

Your issue illustrates, though, that I need to beef up my AlarmService
section in the Advanced Android book, so I'll try to spend some time
reproducing your scenario and seeing if I get similar results. To invert
the Stones, "Ti-i-i-ime is not on my side (no it ain't)", but I'll
hopefully be able to squeeze this in this weekend.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com