guishenl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>     When I tried to copy a file in my PC to the Android Emulator, I
> used the command
> "C:\Documents and Settings\Alioth>adb push D:\Data\Android\1.jpg \data
> \data\".
> But the it didn't work and the error message was
> "failed to copy 'D:\Android\1.jpg' to '\data\data\': Read-only file
> system".
> I don't know what to do, can anyone help me ?

1. Android is Linux-based, so your path separator should be / instead of
\ in the final parameter on your adb push command.

2. You may not be able to push files to /data/data on the emulator. You
definitely cannot on a device. Your files do not belong there. Put them
in /data/data/your.package.here/files, where your.package.here is the
Java package associated with your Android application.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 2.0 Available!