In the Android API examples there is a Snake game. This game uses a
class
called SnakeView, which inherits from TileView.

I am doing something very similar to this. I am inheriting from
TileView to create a class (SkyView), which will become a square board
for a board game (similar to the board for Checkers).

However, I would like for my game board to be 400x400 pixels in size,
which will be bigger than the screens of some Android devices (such as
the G1). And I would like for the user to be able to freely scroll and
drag the board around with their finger (both horizontal and vertical
scrolling/dragging).

Can someone please point me in the correct direction for implementing
this? The board must be no smaller than 400x400px in size. And however
much of the board that can be displayed at once on the screen, should
be displayed
at once.

Should I wrap my SkyView widget in an AbsoluteLayout and use
Scrollbars? If so, what Scrollbar properties to I need to use? I
played around with Scrollbars in both directions but couldn't get it
to work. Is there another view layout I should put it inside? Code
examples would be nice! Thanks for the help. I am at a loss with this
one.