The problem comes from the VelocityTracker used by the
GestureDetector. The tracker has a pool of 1 instance but there's a
bug in the pool management which causes both your GestureDetector and
ListView to use the *same* VelocityTracker. This means the tracker
receives most events twice.

I just fixed this issue in Cupcake.