I'm trying to get an application / reciever / anything that can
perform a task once every minute. I'm trying to use the intent-filter
"android.intent.action.TIME_TICK" which, in theory, sends an Intent
message every minute.

Does anyone have any code that uses the
android.intent.action.TIME_TICK intent? I can't seem to get it to send
the intent to my application and I can't find anything much on the
internet. Has anyone used it successfully?

I have a manifest.xml as below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
      package="xx.xxx.xxxxxxx"
      android:versionCode="2"
      android:versionName="2.0.0">
    <uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.SET_TIME_ZONE" /

    <application android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:label="@string/
app_name">
        <activity android:name=".xxxApp"
                  android:label="@string/app_name">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
            </intent-filter>
        </activity>
        <receiver android:name=".xxxRecvr"
            android:process="xxx.xxx">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.TIME_TICK"/

                <action
android:name="android.intent.action.TIMER_TICK"/>
            </intent-filter>
        </receiver>
    </application>
    </manifest>