I have found that, if you will be doing a lot of data access, compiled
statements will cut the time to complete most operations in half. This
is particularly true of inserts. Used in conjunction with
beginTransaction()/endTransaction(), using compiled statements can
make your data access quite swift. In addition to being faster, I find
it easier to construct compiled statements as I can just use plain SQL
syntax. Of course, getting familiar with the functions themselves is
an important first step.