Yeah it's kinda boring to use that method :(. I developped my widgets
in order to create them easily in an XML layout. Using the way you
gave me (which, I think, is not that bad when you're just using
images), the user won't be able to create it through an XML layout.
Moreover, my classes use the attrs.xml file to retrieve XML
parameters.

As you said Mark, I'm, like you, also looking for another way around
this!