So I've come to a need to backup data in my application, so a user can
safely restore the important data. I had an idea about how to go about
this, but relatively it's a lot of work just to test if it would work,
so it'd be nice to get a thumbs up or thumbs down to my plan from
someone who has tried it, or an alternate way to do it.

I was thinking that I could compose an email that the user could send
to himself with a link in it like: content://<mycontentprovider>/databackup/<the
data, possibly in a delimited format (comma-separated)>

And when the user would click the link it would pull up my content
provider that would take all the data from the link and restore it
into my database.

Alternate idea: save the database file to another machine or email,
but I wouldn't know how to go about doing this. Can I make my
application attach the database to an email that could be imported? Is
it easy to make the user hook up a USB cord to a computer for them to
manually backup and reload the database file?