I have kind of same problem to solve
I have same code base from which i have to build to different apps
using two different resources folders and may be some extensions in
terms of extra activities etc...

so let say all my base code is in
com.acme.product.base
And I have packages like
com.acme.product.ui1
com.acme.product.ui2

Activities in base have references to R. which will be put under one
of UI packages by specifying package name in the manifest .
So to make it build , i understand, that i'll need an ant script which
will put correct include to com.acme.product.ui1.R or
com.acme.product.ui2.R base to all java files during build time .
First question  how i do this ( i'm not really savvy in ant scripts so
direction will be appreciated ) Second - is the ant script a right
solution in this case or there is another way .

I've seen some company ( i think Paragon ) doing that kind of builds
for the dictionaries and looking of the best way how i can get this to
work .