I've done some GWT work in 2007 so I've fired up the site and checked
it with Android's browser (for the first time, it never occurred to me
to try this out. I also tried Opera Mini but it wouldn't even start
1. I cannot confirm your layout issues. I need to add however that the
web developer who provided the HTML framework used HTML tables for
layout purposes (his task, not mine).
2. Gears wasn't around back then (;->)
3. I can confirm this, and it renders some of my web site's
functionality mostly useless (table-based slider). I think some fine
work in GWT would be in order here (Note: I am on GWT 1.5.3 as no
maintenance is performed). Or, as you hope, the newer Webkit may help
you out.
4. I can confirm this also. In my book, this is cosmetic, in
particular considering all the other issues.
5. From your description - I've seen this effect with Firefox 2.x over
an Internet connection. Never in a LAN environment and also not with
IE 6 (both LAN/Internet). So this problem may not be specific to
Android's browser only.
6. Likely connected to 5.

I would cross check your web app against other WebKit-based browsers
as well as older and newer and other browsers in various environments
so you can find some patterns that you can research/report on the GWT
side of things. To answer your question where these questions
belong... over to GWT IMHO, because it is a declared goal of GWT to
handle browser "quirks" for you - the developer.
I hope you're not in a time crunch here... Good luck.

JP