I have a settings.java file that has the following code:

import android.os.Bundle;
import android.preference.PreferenceActivity;

public class Settings extends PreferenceActivity {
                super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

                addPreferencesFromResource(R.layout.preferences);
        }
}

and I also have a preferences.xml file that has this:
<PreferenceScreen
        xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";>
        <PreferenceCategory android:title="Twitter Credentials">
        <EditTextPreference
                android:id="@+id/user"
                android:key="user"
                android:title="Username"
                android:summary="Twitter.com username" />
        <EditTextPreference
                android:id="@+id/pass"
                android:key="pass"
                android:title="Password:"
                android:summary="Twitter.com password" />
                </PreferenceCategory>
</PreferenceScreen>

My question: Is there anyway I can access the string values of the
EditTextPreference's?
If so, can someone give me an example.
Thanks in advance.