XML handles some characters differently, for example quotes, and the
Android XML parser is no different. I recommend you read up on it
here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_XML_and_HTML_character_entity_references#Predefined_entities_in_XML
What this means for your example is that you should have there$aposs
instead of there's in your xml.

Yusuf
The views, opinions and statements in this email are those of the
author solely in their individual capacity, and do not necessarily
represent those of T-Mobile USA, Inc.