Hi all,

To build a test suite containing only small tests I looked at the source
examples and found
SmallTests.java<http://www.google.co.in/codesearch/p?hl=en#SS2by_AKaLs/tests/src/com/android/email/SmallTests.java&q=android%20package:git://android.git.kernel.org%20SmallTests>in
the email app test source. I assumed that I would need to add a
Predicate<%20http://www.google.co.in/codesearch/p?hl=en#uX1GffpyOZk/core/java/com/android/internal/util/Predicate.java>to
such a class as this seems not to distinguish test sizes (Unless the
test
runner infers this from the name of the suite?).

I could then add the predicate to a TestSuiteBuilder via
'addRequirements<%20http://developer.android.com/reference/android/test/suitebuilder/TestSuiteBuilder.html#addRequirements%28com.android.internal.util.Predicate%3Candroid.test.suitebuilder.TestMethod%3E...%29>'
but I couldn't work out how to build a predicate based on the annotation
class SmallTest.

Eventually I found the
InstrumentationTestRunner<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/test/InstrumentationTestRunner.html>documentation
and it seems that the command;

adb shell am instrument -w -e size small
com.android.foo/android.test.InstrumentationTestRunner

Does the trick.

I post this information for reference but also to ask if the former option
is possible, i.e. if there is a simple predicate that I could create to
isolate SmallTest annotated tests?

Just for interests' sake :)

Gav