Ok the problem has been solved!!

When extending the GalleryView, if we set the spacing between images
using the setSpacing(), the Dpad doesn't allow scrolling. If we don't
use setSpacing(), the Dpad works as intended.

I would like to know if this is a bug or is it designed in this way.
Coz I don't understand why the dpad events dont work when setSpacing()
is used..

Pls reply..