'Round these parts we don't use Eclipse and heavily customize our
build.xml file. The "android" tool tried to update it and burped out
a short, confused file.

That's OK. Don't mind doing build.xml by hand and "target-ifying" it,
but I see what look like a whole set of Android-specific ANT
tasks/libs (prefs, apkbuilder, jarutil..), of which only <setup> went
into the new build.xml.

So.....do I have to include any other custom ANT tasks besides
<setup>? Or can I just use more-or-less the same command lines as
before with aapt, javac, dx, etc...?

And what are these "rules" setup uses? And where are they included from?

Thanks

-- Ward