Hello all,

I'm introducing multiple custom widgets for my application, extending
View. These widgets (LineGraph and DotMatrix) include various
attributes that can be set via the layout-xml. How can I have multiple
widgets using attributes with the same name. For instance, 2
attributes both having color as an attribute that can be set via the
layout XML?

main.xml snippet:

XML:
xmlns:app="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/
net.vlemmix.android.widgetdemos"
<net.vlemmix.android.widget.DotMatrix
          android:id="@+id/dotmatrix1"
          android:layout_width="wrap_content"
          android:layout_height="wrap_content"
          app:color="0xFFF" />

attrs.xml snippet:
XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<resources>
<declare-styleable
          name="DotMatrix">
          <attr
               name="color"
               format="integer" />
     </declare-styleable>
</resources>

When I want to add the info for my LineGraph in attrs.xml, Eclipse
starts to whine: "ERROR Attribute "color" has already been defined"
XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<resources>
<declare-styleable
          name="DotMatrix">
          <attr
               name="color"
               format="integer" />
     </declare-styleable>
<declare-styleable
          name="LineGraph">
          <attr
               name="color"
               format="integer" />
     </declare-styleable>
</resources>

Is it not possible to have a DotMatix resource with a color attribute,
and a LineGraph resource with a color attribute?