It seems 1 in 50 people or so seem to have a problem with this
application still. Is anyone is willing to install the application
(Toggle Data) from the market, test whether it works or not and if it
doesn't, send me the output from logcat? That would be an excellent
help.

In case the application doesn't work, write down the APN type of each
of your access points so you can restore these values afterwards
(Settings -> Wireless controls -> Mobile networks -> Access Point
Names).

Thanks in advance