Hey All,

I had the same problem.

The fix:

Turn on automatic update for eclipse.

You can get to automatic updates one of the two ways:
1. As you are in the Software Updates and Add-ons screen, at the very
bottom there is a blurb about Automatic Update.
   Click on it.

2. Eclipse -> Preferences ->Install/Update -> Automatic Update.

Check Look for updates each time platform is started. etc.,
Click 'Apply'

Restart eclipse, if you do not see it updating itself.

Either way, let eclipse update itself. In my case it updated mylyn
etc.

As recommended, exit eclipse and restart eclipse.

After the restart, try installing the android plugins

That worked for me on Mac OS 10.5.6.

Cheers!