There is a list of pre-approved Views that are allowed through
RemoteViews, mostly for security reasons, and right now WebView isn't
one of those.

If push updates are really important, you could write the comet code
in a Service that pushes widget updates to the surface as needed.  As
long as you're not pushing any bitmaps, widget updates are pretty
fast.

However, if you're considering user interaction, you might launch a
full-screen app or dialog.

--
Jeff Sharkey
jshar...@google.com