We're porting our apps to the 1.5 preview SDK. That has mostly been
prettty painless, but we do have a WebView which is not showing any
content, for reasons which are currently unknown.

Looking in the 1.5 SDK docs, I see that WebView is deprecated. The
recommendation there is to use a FrameLayout, RelativeLayout, or a
custom layout instead.

I don't understand that recommendation, since FrameLayout and
RelativeLayout don't do the thing that WebView does best - showing a
bunch of HTML content pulled down from our server at runtime.

So, what am I missing ? Can WebView really be simulated with a
FrameLayout ?

Thanks,

Richard