I'm on Eclipse Version: 3.4.2, Build id: M20090211-1700

I've made sure that I have uninstalled all traces of 0.8 (as far as I
can see), and I've re-installed 0.9 using the steps above and yet I
still get the error:
Plug-in com.android.ide.eclipse.adt was unable to load class
com.android.ide.eclipse.editors.wizards.NewXmlFileWizard.
com.android.ide.eclipse.editors.wizards.NewXmlFileWizard

I'm running Win XP Pro SP3 (32 bit machine)

As with Diego's reply - if I use the File | New | Android XML File, I
get the error, but if I use the button on the toolbar, it works fine.

BTW - Thanks Diego, at least there's a "workaround" to get the file
created :)  I'm new to Android and Eclipse (last did Java programming
in 2001, been all C# for the past 6/7 years), so I hadn't even looked
at the toolbar.