I know that the MatrixCursor and SQLiteCursor classes work across
processes, but has anyone tried implementing a cross-process cursor
based directly on AbstractWindowedCursor?

The situation is that I'm working on an app with pluggable import/
export functions for its database, using a content provider to
abstract the database part of that.  In the case of exporting, a query
is made against a special data transfer URI, and the resulting SQL
query takes the desired fields from the plugin and selection criteria
based on user settings in the app to build the SQL statement.
Normally, I could just do the query and return the SQLiteCursor object
that I get, but I also want to implement an option to export records
that may not be included in the selection criteria but are related to
those that are.  In the Windows Mobile version of the app, I built an
export list before actually running the export plugin, but in the
interest of efficiency I'm trying to do that as part of the database
abstraction here.

I don't know SQL well enough to know if there is a way to do all of
that in the one SQL statement, so I started thinking of a way to use
AbstractWindowedCursor with an internal SQLiteCursor to handle it...
the only way I could really do it that way would be to enforce moving
through the cursor only from start to finish, but since this mechanism
is intended for exporting to files it didn't sound like that would be
unreasonable.  Since the SQLiteCursor class is built on top of AWC,
and seems to merely move things around using CursorWindow objects and
that base code, it seems like that would work.

I could try it when I get to that point, but if it doesn't work I'll
have to scrap quite a bit of work and go back to the drawing board.
If someone else has already done it and it works as a cross-platform
cursor, or if it doesn't, then finding that out early would be a lot
easier.

Thanks!