That is not what those APIs are for, they are for temporarily hiding the key
lock so that things like the in-call screen can be shown.

Replacing the lock screen as a third party app is just not supported right
now, sorry; you'll need to modify the platform to do a decent
implementation, I think.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer