I've been working with the AppWidget framework over the past few
months, and I wrote an in-depth example showing off all the various
features of the framework.  It's a forecast widget that shows the
weather in locations of your choice.  It offers multiple
configurations, and can handle several widgets at once.

http://www.jsharkey.org/blog/2009/04/24/forecast-widget-for-android-15-with-source/

And you can grab the source from Google Code under an Apache 2.0
license:

http://code.google.com/p/android-sky/source/browse/#svn/trunk/Sky

Feel free to ping me here if you have any questions about the code or
widgets in general.  :)