On Apr 25, 9:54 pm, William <william.caine...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, so I wanted to create a transparent activity where I draw some
> cubes on the screen.  Well I initially was developing with the default
> settings where
>   g.getHolder().setFormat(PixelFormat.RGBA_8888);
> my view in a real narrow scope see below code for sample.
>
> when not setting a alpha channel. it works as expected.

As well as setting the SurfaceHolder format you need to tell EGL that
you want a matching config:
    egl.eglChooseConfig(display, new int[] {
        EGL10.EGL_RED_SIZE, 8,
        EGL10.EGL_GREEN_SIZE, 8,
        EGL10.EGL_BLUE_SIZE, 8,
        EGL10.EGL_ALPHA_SIZE, 8,
        // No depth buffer:
        EGL10.EGL_DEPTH_SIZE, 0,
        EGL10.EGL_NONE
    }, configs, configs.length, new int[1]);

Unfortunately, when you done that you'll probably run into issue 1963:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1963

I don't have a solution for that one.

--
Jon