I've got a problem with a flood of touch events destroying my game's
framerate while there is a touch active.

Basically onTouchEvent is called (with getAction = ACTION_MOVE, x = 0
and y = 0) about a hundred times a second for as long as the finger is
touching the screen. I've tried returning from onTouchEvent straight
away, and even removing its implementation at all, but it doesn't help
- the app slows to a crawl as soon as a finger is down.

I asked on the IRC channel and Romain Guy advised me that they're
aware of the problem but didn't have time to fix it for Cupcake, so
I'm not expecting a full solution!

I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this and figured
out a way around it.

Cheers,
Tom