I don't know if this is the *proper* way, exactly.

We copy the SQL data, with the Pro using the provider in the Lite to
read the data across and upgrade it.

And, we've built a cheap little scheme using broadcast intents to
allow the Pro to request the SharedPreferences from the Lite.

Hope that helps,

Richard