From: android-developers@googlegroups.com
[mailto:android-develop...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of CueBallaG
Sent: 25 April 2009 10:25
To: Android Developers
Subject: [android-developers] Installing APK files to your g1 mobile using
Vista

        Installing APK files to your g1 mobile using Windows Vista

After an intense search on how to install apk files through Vista, I have
finally found a way to install APK files. I'm not a computer guru and don't
know diddly-squat about programming so if there is a better and faster way
to install apk files through your desktop, please
revise:

1) Disconnect your G1 mobile from your computer
2) Create a folder in your Documents folder for both files you will need to
download
3) Download Google Android SDk for Windows
http://code.google.com/android/intro/installing.html
and save to the folder you created.
4) Download the USB Driver
http://dl.google.com/android/android_usb_windows.zip
and save to the folder you created.
5) Unzip both files into the folder and install the android program.
6) Open the "Androids-sdk-windows" that was unpacked, open the "tools"
folder, and on your windows explorer, first left click on the address then
right click and copy the full address.
7) Click on "start" menu, right click on "Computer", click on "Properties".
Click on "Advanced system settings"
8) On the "Advanced" tab, click on "Environmental Variables...". Under "user
variable..." click "New".
9) For variable name type: sdk_root
10) For variable value: just right click and paste. click ok
11) On your G1, go to "settings", "applications", and check "unknown
sources"
11) Connect your G1 mobile and update your usb driver with the file you
downloaded in step 4. If your usb driver will not update, use your device
manager ("start" menu, right click "computer", click on "properties",
"device manager") to update driver.
12) Be sure to mount your phone.
13) Move your .apk files to the "tools" folder you located in step 6
14) On the tools folder, mouse over a blank spot, hit "shift+right click"
and click "Open command Windows here".
15) On the command screen, type: adb install filename.apk Enjoy.