The easiest solution for your situation is to refresh the summaries in your
preference activity's onResume.

Otherwise you'll have to override onPreferenceTreeClick and start the
activity manually.

(sent from phone)

On Mar 6, 2009 7:37 PM, "Xin Zhao" <uszhao...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey guys,

I am trying to start an intent from a preference activity, AND GET RESULTS
once the new intent is done. As such, I can update the summary of the
preference.

Normall we do startActivityForResult() to wait for results. But how can I do
this here?

My code is as follow:

      PreferenceScreen intentPref =
getPreferenceManager().createPreferenceScreen(this);
      Intent intent = new Intent(this, PolicyEditor.class);
      intent.putExtra(PhoneCardDbAdapter.COL_ROWID, (long)rule.mRuleID);
      intentPref.setIntent(intent);  <--- I want to make sure once the
activity related to intent is done, we can update the summary
      title = "Rule " + (i+1);
      summary = rule.ruleSummary();
      intentPref.setTitle(title);
      intentPref.setSummary(summary);
      mlaunchPrefCat.addPreference(intentPref);

Any idea?

Thanks,
xin