You can't get that state directly, but you can infer what state the
MediaPlayer is in by whether or not you have successfully called the methods
you need to call to get into a state. For example, if you call
MediaPlayer.setDataSource(), and it succeeds, then you will be in the
correct state for calling prepare(), and if you then call prepare(), and it
succeeds, you will be in the PREPARED state.