There's no way of applying an animation to the views within a remote view
because you're constrained to what you can declare in the layout XML and the
actions RemoteViews provides for. Neither of these provide for setting
animations.

> AppWidgetHostView, RemoteViews's apply() , reapply()

These are only relevant to process which is displaying the app widget, not
the process that is supplying it.

Tom.