When updating an old project that doesn't have the gen source folder
setup, it first detects if the gen folder already exists, and if so,
generates this error.
The idea was to not convert and pre-existing gen folder (or file) into
an Eclipse source folder.

Are you sure you didn't have the gen folder before updating to ADT 0.9?

thanks
Xav

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Richard Schilling
<richard.rootwirel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> O.K. I resolved this.  The problem was related to the fact that
> Eclipse couldn't properly handle the gen directory that it created.
> This error is generated:
>
> [2009-04-30 14:14:15 - MyApp] /MyApp/gen already exists but is not a
> source folder. Convert to a source folder or rename it.
>
> So, here's how I resolved this problem:
>
> 1. Make sure Android 1.1 platform is selected for the project.
> 2. Delete the gen directory - let Eclipse update .classpath (if it
> asks).
> 3. Clean the project - Eclipse will regenerate the gen directory
> 4. Add the directory gen to the Java source classpath if R.java cannot
> be resolved.
> 5. Clean the project again.
> 6. if you still have a problem with the above error showing up, delete
> the gen directory again and let Eclipse regenerate it.
>
> This should clear up the error.  Perhaps a change to the Eclipse
> plugin or the Eclipse API needs to be made - I don't know.
>
> But, at least my projects are building now.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Richard Schilling
> Root Wireless, Inc.
> www.rootwireless.com
>

> On Apr 30, 2:34 pm, Richard Schilling <richard.rootwirel...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I also get this in the message window:
>>
>> [2009-04-30 14:14:15 - MyApp] /MyApp/gen already exists but is not a
>> source folder. Convert to a source folder or rename it.
>>
>> Richard
>>
>> On Apr 30, 2:29 pm, Richard Schilling <richard.rootwirel...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> > I have a number of projects that were built and ran just fine under
>> > the 1.1 version of the SDK.  I'm updating all of my projects.  Some
>> > projects update with no problem.
>>
>> > But, some Eclipse projects don't regenerate R.java properly in the gen
>> > directory.
>>
>> > I've set the Android platform to 1.1.
>> > I've cleaned the project.
>> > I've refreshed the project.
>> > R.java is still not being generated.
>>
>> > Help!  This issue prevents production applications from being bult at
>> > the moment.
>>
>> > Richard Schilling
>> > Root Wireless- Hide quoted text -

Xavier Ducrohet