The 'conversion to Dalvik format / use --core-library' compilation
error which is being widely reported in several threads here and
elsewhere is not only presenting itself with third party unsupported
classes.

When upgrading to 1.5 from 1.1 you can also get this error message if
you fail to remove a previous library variable pointing to the android
jar (even if you update the path). I've fixed this problem by removing
it (since there's a new one placed by the new eclipse plugin anyway).

I hope this helps others that are in the same misleading predicament.

-Dario