I am also looking for the usage of setCamera to set the camera opened
by the Camera app,
and get the warming message:
W/CameraService(  966): Tried to connect to locked camera

Above the warming line in CameraService.cpp are the comments:
    // I hate this hack, but things get really ugly when the media
recorder
    // service is handing back the camera to the app. The
ICameraClient
    // destructor will be called during the same IPC, making it look
like
    // the remote client is trying to disconnect. This hack
temporarily
    // sets the mClientPid to an invalid pid to prevent the hardware
from
    //  being torn down.

anybody knows the exact usage of setCamera?