I uploaded the new updates to the application in the market.  There
was no error message shown. It seemed that the uploading was
successful.  However, the version name and the app itself were still
the old version. Please help!!!

FYI:  I lost the original private key or the keystore file.  I
generated a new keystore file to sign the app.  I also met the minSDK
problem and solved it by set the minSDKversion in the manifest file.

There must be a way to update the app.   I don't want to upload the
app as an new application since there is a large base of existing
customers.

Please help!!!