I am sure this has been asked before but I havent seen a decent
response. Why is it we cant reference java.awt within our android
projects. Or I guess a better question is why was a lib that is so
vital to so many other libs left out of android?

I have managed to get the JAI source code (stripped version) to
compile but the second I reference it I end up with
java.awt.image.RenderedImage not being able to be found. I have tried
including the rt.jar in my build path etc all to no avail. Compiles
but wont run.

The number of amazing things we could do on this platform would jump
exponentially if it was simply included.