On May 11, 4:58 pm, AndyK <akisp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to write a simple application that will utilize a Socks5
> proxy server to connect to a web server (www.google.com).  I am using
> an instance of 'java.net.Proxy' of type 'SOCKS' in my application and
> am using my implementation of ProxySelector.  I can see from the
> logcat output that my implementation of ProxySelector is being called
> and will passback a list containing one Proxy instance.  When I run
> this code in the emulator, I consistently get a JNI check error
> resulting in the VM aborting.  I have attempted to run this
> application with recent public releases of the SDK, all resulting in
> the same behavior, JNI check failure and VM abort.

Are you including any of your own native code?  If not, this is likely
a bug in the core libraries.

Can you send me an APK that demonstrates the behavior?

FWIW, some bit of code is trying to access a field in a byte array,
which doesn't work very well since byte arrays don't have fields.  I
wasn't able to convert the native stack trace you posted to symbolic
form.  If I have a reproducible case it'll be easy to figure out.